Friday, April 11, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I passed by the table at WPPI. There were so many photographers gathered around, asking questions, taking brochures. I picked up a couple of information cards and read to myself as I walked on to the next class. I thought to myself, "This is something I will definitely do." And then I heard Sandy Puc speak. She described the first time she was called to the hospital for a session with a family. My attempt to not cry all of my makeup away was hopeless.
And I knew this was something I had to do.


Today I received an email from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
It started with "Congratulations!" (those are always good) I felt my heart skip when I read those words.
Charity is one of the main reasons I began this journey. I'm looking forward to starting other projects as well. I have witnessed some truly painful and heartbreaking situations throughout my years as a nurse, too many to count. I feel so privileged to have another way to give back to a family during such unspeakable grief. This will be a great fit for me.

It is also good to check those goals off your list. Passport, check. Charity, check. And I am moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. I cried just realizing there are people that have to make decisions to have their precious baby photographed. That's great you are going to do this, it's going to be hard, but you'll make people happy to look at beautiful pictures of their child. Good luck

    ReplyDelete