Sunday, September 13, 2009

Permission slips...

Be yourself.  The world worships the original.

                                              ~Jean Cocteau,writer




Like I have mentioned before, I tend to think too much.  Way too much.  It's not only annoying to me,
I think I drive the man a little crazy sometimes.  Introspection-not always a good thing.  Of course, any one thing over done after a while is just, well, over done.  Photography is a process.  Life is a process.  You have no idea how much these two things intersect for me.   For me it has become a process of just giving myself permission;  permission to try, permission to fail, permission to do something that I truly love, permission to just be myself.  Hopefully, I am getting better, at photography, and at just being myself.  I purposely stopped going to other photographer's blogs because a) I don't have the time, and b) I kept comparing my work.  This turned out to be a good idea.  It has given me back hours of my days and forces me to find my own style and judge my progress according to my work against my work, not against someone who has been doing this for twenty years.  Currently, I'm reading a great book that I recommend for all you creative types out there, "The 12 secrets of highly creative women."  It's not expensive and a quick read.  And just a quick look at a favorite from yesterday, the beautiful miss Sami.  She is a stunning little sweetheart.  Looks so beautiful without even trying.  More to come....you have my permission to share your true self with the world.  It's out there waiting....









PS In case you were wondering, those eyes...didn't touch 'em. They are truly that
blue and that beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. You have gotten very good at both photography and at being yourself. I'm not a wine drinker but as the saying goes "get's better with age."
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. those blue eyes are beautiful. look lovely

    ReplyDelete