Sunday, January 24, 2010

Water, water everywhere and I ran out of steam.

"Here is the test to find out whether or not your mission on earth is finished: If you are alive, it isn't.

~Richard Bach




Forgive me internet, for I have sinned. It has been almost 30 days since my last blog post.

I admit it. December, with all the joy it brings, laid me out flat. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining. It was fun. January has kept me
very busy as well. Lots of stuff to catch up with and my camera has been lonely and neglected. Well, just about everything has been neglected. Thank god for the rain cause the plants outside were beginning to cry for water. Too bad I didn't put the indoor plants outside. There isn't a better reminder than looking across a room at a once beautiful, full green lush plant that is now hanging limply, yellowing, dropping leaves, and near death, to remind you that you have stopped paying attention to life in your own home. Ugh. In the midst of burning the candle at both ends, running to work and running out of state, I ran out of steam. And there are still five days to go....then hopefully, hopefully, I'll have a grip on things. (probably not but I can hope)

Sooooo....2010! Yahooooo! Already off to a great start with the election in Massachusetts. Talk about hope. Now we can hope.

I am not inclined to New Years Resolutions anymore. I have realized that with every New Years Resolution I have made, I have not kept it. I resolve not to resolute. Better, I will just make goals. Seems more practical. One goal for this year is to be worthy. Uh....worthy? Of what?
I would like to be worthy of your time spent here. If it means I made you laugh, cry, grow in some small way, added meaning to your life in some large or small way, brought something to you that you didn't know about, or just made you smirk, burp, and move on...at least you cleared some air, right? My lofty goal for the year.....now don't be leaving me a message saying "you're not worthy"- I am working on it. I know.

With all the sadness the situation in Haiti has brought, it also brings us together to give and help, something Americans do better than any other country in the world, (it's who we are. Be proud) Still, you can't forget about Africa and the need for charity, education, and the basics of life that they so desperately need and don't have. One organization I learned more about over Christmas is Acirfa. They provide bikes and much needed transportation to the people in Africa. They are changing lives one bike at a time and have been doing so for a while now. Just another fine example of how a few people with a big idea are changing the world for better. There are lots of ways to be involved. You can buy a bike or make a simple donation. But I hope you check out their site, and be sure to pass it on. Along with this, come Jingas. Jingas are made by a local artist in Africa and are being sold to raise money for bikes. We received a Jinga for Christmas. He sits proudly displayed in my room, a lovely reminder of the people half a world away.


Today, I am sharing my Jinga with you....aren't you feeling better already? You can pick up your own Jinga right here




Now, I have to go dust and water some plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment