Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vanished into beautiful thin air

So.  I had my first card crash. Luckily, no one was hurt. ;)
I had a wonderful afternoon visiting with my long time friend and source of inspiration, Chef Cathy McKnight.  While inside of Irons, one of southern Orange County's newest wedding venues, the most beautiful rainbow streamed across the sky.  Not just a partial rainbow with a slight curve and hue, it was a  FULL rainbow,  a radiant technicolor arch. Even though it was raining, we all ran outside.  And I was fortunate to have my camera in hand.  
I took one last look through my pictures when I got home, turned my camera off, removed my card and happily walked upstairs to reveal the glory on full screen.  And they were gone.  As if it never happened.  I have heard stories about this.  I always wondered what I would do.  "Photorecovery" to the rescue.  A mere $39.99 later, I was back in the game.  Nice to know that there are such programs to retrieve photos playing hide and seek.  Also, might be time to toss this card.  Thankfully, I didn't have to recover 500 pictures.  






Hawaii isn't the only place with stunning sunsets.  


1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable shots! you have a natural eye for the lens . It was more than wonderful to spend the afternoon with you and I love the passion you have for life. It shows in your photos. Stay couragous my beautiful friend.. great things will happen and.... I would swim next to you with the sharks anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete